Uamt-Wy – Always Caring
Latest Uamt-Wy News
Applying for a European Health Insurance Card
It is not difficult to apply for an EHIC or a European Health Insurance card. Getting this card is always a good idea even if you are not currently planning any traveling. The EHIC will only be issued if you make a request. You can make this request in person at the Territorial Health Insurance Funds through a representative, on the internet or via fax. You can find the application form at the websites of the Territorial Health Insurance Funds and the National Health Insurance Fund.
The EHIC is issued a maximum of fourteen days after you have made your request. The Territorial Health Insurance Fund you presented your request to will issue your card. The EHIC can only be issued to an authorized lawyer or the person who made the request. This is because a commitment must be signed by the cardholder to stop using the card once it has expired. You must present an identification document such as an identity card or passport for yourself and the identity card or passport for a child when applicable.
If your card is collected by another person, they must present:
- Their identity document
- The identity document of the individual the EHIC was issued to
- A power of attorney adhering to the Civil Code of the Republic of Lithuania’s terms and conditions
If the individual collecting the EHIC was included on the application form by the applicant, it is not necessary to obtain a power of attorney.
The Benefits of a European Health Insurance Card
The EHIC provides access for all medical treatments provided by the state during your visit due to either an accident or an illness. This includes any necessary treatments for pre-existing or chronic medical conditions during your stay. Arrangements must be made in advance for oxygen therapy or kidney dialysis. This is accomplished by contacting the country’s renal until prior to your trip.
You should be covered for routine maternity care during you stay by your EHIC. You need to obtain an E112 form if you are planning to travel to a specific country with the intent of having your baby. It is important to understand your European Health Insurance Card will provide you with access to either free medical treatment or a reduced cost treatment from the healthcare providers of the state. This enables you to receive the same treatments on the same basis as the country’s residents while you are visiting. In some cases, a co-payment or patient contribution will be required.
The Length of Time the Card is Valid
The EHIC card has a validity period between one month and six years. This is dependent on the compulsory health insurance category of the individual. The Law on Health Insurance determines this category. Once the validity period of your card has expired, a new EHIC card can be issued. You must first submit a new application to the Territorial Health Insurance Fund to receive your new card.
Are You Having Problems With Your Stomach? The Issue May Be Worse Than You Think
We all have stomach issues from time to time. It is only natural. You eat something bad. Your stomach tends to react in a not-so-kind manner. There comes a time when your stomach issues may be something more serious. This is when you should consider seeing a gastroenterologist. I have been down this road in the past. I know what it is like and what you may be going through. Consider this blog my way of passing on knowledge to help out others going through the same thing I do. First let’s take a look at how our GI tract works:
Your primary care physician (e.g. gastroenterologist in ft pierce) is the one who usually does this. You should set up an appointment when any of the following have or are occurring.
1) Do you have any kind of rectal bleeding? I face this dragon myself. It is not something you want to talk about. It does need to be discussed. It may also be a sign of a bigger stomach problem.
2) Do you have any leakage or underwear stains? This is not a pretty topic to discuss. It is important. Please take note when this happens. This is a sign you need to visit someone.
3) Do you have urges to go to the bathroom that you cannot control? Been there, done that. Take this as your third sign. It may not mean anything. It is better to get it checked out.
4) Do you suffer from acid reflux? I have suffered from this for years. It is not fun to go through. Certain food will cause you to have issues. Eating too much of something may cause you to feel uncomfortable. I go through it all the time. I was diagnosed with this condition many years ago. Do yourself a favor and get checked out. Your doctor will give you a list of foods you may want to avoid.
5) Do you pass gas a lot? Sometimes it happens more as you get older. It is normal to pass gas. Some of you may be doing it more than others are. Some of you may be finding your gas is both nasty and toxic. Some find this topic both funny and gross. Excessive farting is a sign that something is wrong in your GI tract. You need to get it looked at. The doctor can prescribe some medications for you to take.
6) Are you losing weight? This may not concern some of you. There is a big difference between normal weight loss and weight loss due to GI issues. Have you lost or gained weight excessively recently? I know what you are going through. You need to see someone. This is part of a much bigger issue. This also ties in with the vomiting. Uncontrollable vomiting is only adding insult to injury. Those of you who continue to wait will be compounding the issue further.
“Get yourself checkout now”.
Where Does CBD Come From?
If you suffer from chronic pain, depression, or anxiety, chances are you might have heard that CBD vape juice can help you, but how? Marijuana has two different types of cannabinoids found within the plant, CBD and THC. While THC is the psychoactive ingredient found in marijuana that causes the “head high” feeling, CBD is a class of non-psychoactive compounds that don’t do that. CBD can also be extracted from hemp, a species of marijuana that does not naturally contain the psychoactive compound THC. Since hemp is a legal plant to import to the USA, this makes CBD vape oil also legal to purchase and use.
How Can CBD Vape Oil Help Me?
Cannabidiol’s, or CBD, can improve memory and concentration while relieving severe pain, headaches, nausea, mood swings, appetite loss, insomnia, and so many other symptoms, including those related to cancer therapy. Since CBD’s are non-addictive and treat so many ailments, many people find themselves using CBD vape oil in place of prescription drugs. Not only is this more cost-effective, but vaping CBD oil allows people to medicate and experience relief all day long without the unwanted side effects from pharmaceuticals or whole plant marijuana containing THC.
You don’t believe it? Check out this amazing story about a guy who managed his Parkinsons with medical marijuana.
Why Is Vaping CBD Oil Better?
But what about the convenience and effectiveness when medicating with CBD? In its ingestible form, CBD oil is a very sticky, resinous, messy paste that easily stains skin and clothing, providing no convenience to consuming while on the go. While some companies have tried to fix this by creating other methods of consumption, such as oral capsules, the effectiveness of digesting CBD oils is inconsistent. This is especially true for people depending on the health of their digestive system, as well as metabolism. Many people report that orally ingesting CBD oils simply does not always work properly, if at all.
That’s where CBD vape oil comes into the picture. After extracting the CBD compounds from whole plant marijuana or hemp, they are then added to a special oil that can be vaporized. The most common and easiest method to vaping CBD oil is through a specially engineered vape pen.
How To Use CBD Oil In A Vape Pen
There are disposable CBD vape pens which you can simply throw away when it’s empty, or there are pens that are refillable. Refilling is easy and done in one of two ways, either by replacing the CBD vape oil tank altogether or by refilling the tank with oil when needed.
Many people are concerned that CBD vape oil will smell like marijuana when it’s being vaped, but that’s just simply not the case. While the smell can be earthy on its own, the vapor and scent quickly dissipate. There are also options to add flavor to CBD vape oil, making the taste and smell resemble fruit or tobacco.
Vaporizing CBD oil in a vape pen is easy and mess free. Simply load up a pre-filled CBD oil cartridge, turn the pen on and select the temperature you wish to vape at. When the pen is heated up and ready, take a slow, steady drag, lasting about 5-10 seconds. Some pens require you to hold a button while you drag, but this is different for each device. Refer to the user manual of your pen for complete instructions.